The host hotel for the 2018 National Specialty will be the Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth, MI, the same host hotel as in 2015. All of the dog events, other than the Water Trials, Top 20 and Parade of Seniors, will be held at Heritage Park, a short walk from the host hotel.
The 2018 National Specialty starts with the Water Trial weekend on August 25 and runs through the Awards Banquet on August 31. The preliminary schedule is now available.
Bavarian Inn reservations may not be made before 12:01am EST on January 15 - NO EXCEPTIONS. Reservations may only be made by completing the reservation form (note: it can be completed and signed online or printed) and getting it to the Bavarian Inn by email attachment (scan or digitally signed), fax or US mail. Reservation forms that arrive earlier will not be accepted.
A few things to note (also on the reservation form):
- The standard room rate is $138.75; additional options on form. Only one room per household can be reserved.
- There is a maximum of four dogs permitted in a room.
- You must disclose the number of dogs and people in your room; for each person you will need to provide a name and cell phone number.
- The first and last night's deposit will be applied to your credit card within two weeks of the reservation request being received. Note that if you use an American Express card, the CVV is the four digits on the front, usually to the right and above the credit card number.
- The latest date that you can cancel with full refund is June 1; you will be charged the full amount of your stay by June 15.
If you are staying with a dog in your room, you will be asked to sign the PWDCA pet policy at checkin.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you there.
If you have any questions, please contact one of us.
Nigel Clark (2018PWDCASpecialtyN@gmail.com)
Hillary Snyder (2018PWDCASpecialtyH@gmail.com)
2018 PWDCA National Specialty Co-Chairs